Monday 7 November 2011

Greetings, denizens of the earth

So, uh, hi. Nice to meet you. I'd make you a cup of tea if I could, but technology hasn't progressed far enough to allow me teleport things across the Internet. Anyway, make yourself comfortable. Let's get these introductions out of the way.

Things to know about me:
1. My name is Frog-kun. I am a teenage otaku. I don't have a job. I get high scorez at school. I watch anime. I don't have a life.
2. I listed my gender as 'Other' because the idea of there being an 'Other' gender amuses me.
3. I have a super important year 12 exam tomorrow.
4. It's going to be a really hard exam.
5. I created this blog so that I could contribute to the endless amounts of anime-related blogs already out there. Subscribe anyway?
6. I'll be moving some things I've already posted elsewhere on the Internet over here so everything's neatly in one spot. So yeah, if you already know who I am, expect to see things being posted here that you might have already read before. Subscribe anyway?
7. For the parents: there will probably be some swearing on this blog and some sexual references. If your six-year kids are reading this, then you have failed as parents. Subscribe anyway?
8. I'm a methodical kind of person. I've already planned out how I'm going to structure my posts and what my posting schedule will be. See below.

My posting schedule (assuming it will be followed):

Meme Mondays: A short write-up on various Internet meme activity. I will showcase random funny shit related to shows I like. A meme is a jargon-y term that has many practical definitions in many different fields of study, however when it comes to funny shit, there is only one type of meme that is applicable: the Internet meme. Basically, it's something in a fandom that gets repeated, parodied and referenced so often that it warps all original meaning and emotion that was once attached to it.

Writing Wednesdays: These will be more reflective/expository sorts of pieces where I'll talk about something either to do with writing or with fandom. Usually shameless fanboying but occasionally something intelligent might come up.

Fanservice Fridays: No panty shots/bath scenes but knowing me, I'll just contradict myself on that anyway. I'll be posting critical anime/game/music/book reviews. I could call it 'Nerdy Fridays' because that would be more accurate, but I want my titles to be alliterative, damn it.

Storytime Saturday/Sunday: I'll post on the day that's more convenient for me. This is where I post original fiction, usually of the shorter variety.

This all implies I will post four times a week, which I probably won't. Meme Monday is probably most likely to be skipped, followed by Storytime Saturday/Sunday, then Fanservice Fridays. I'd like to write things that you guys would like to read, so I highly doubt I'd use this blog to mope about my private life. Comments are much appreciated in any case.

A taste of what is to come:



Anyway, I think that covers everything. I really should study for that exam now.

No comments:

Post a Comment